About the Cottage
A wonderful mix of the traditional Irish cottage with modern touches the cottage provides the perfect backdrop to any family holiday. The wonderfully thick stone walls will wrap you in a comfortable sense of history and belonging that makes you feel right at home from the moment you cross the threshold.
Decorated in a rather eclectic style throughout, the cottage sleeps six comfortably in its three bedrooms.
Walk through the front door into the hall and you’re right away in the centre of the house. To the right is a double bedroom with shuttered windows and an adjoining bedroom where the bunk beds are perfect for kids of all ages.
Upstairs is the cosy attic room that’s surprisingly large. The king size bed boasts the best views of the bay and with four chests of drawers and a wardrobe there’s lots of storage space.
Back downstairs and into the lounge where you’ll find the wood burning stove, two chesterfield suites and a huge cinema screen complete with cinema sound that you can enjoy movie nights in on.
Step through into the kitchen and enjoy the recently renovated space where a half door leads into the garden and a newly discovered window takes on the job of the wine cellar.
What You’ll Enjoy
- Sea View and Access to the Bay
- Private garden with Table, Chairs and Cushions
- Outside Chiminea, Perfect for sitting next to on a clear night and marvelling at the night sky. Fire pack available.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with Gas Hob, Electric Oven, Air Fryer, Fridge, Kettle, Toaster, Microwave, Washer Dryer, Dishwasher and all the Cutlery, Crockery and Saucepans you’ll need.
- Three bedrooms sleeping 6 comfortably.
- Family Bathroom Suite with Power Shower, Toilet and Vanity Basin
- Dedicated Work Area with WiFi
- Private Parking just in front of the Cottage
- Huge cinema Screen with access to Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, Spotify and the RTE Player
- Bluetooth Speaker for enjoying the TV or Music throughout the cottage or outside on the Veranda
Book Your Stay in the Cottage
When would you like to stay with us?
Have a Question?
Talk to the Host
Guest Reviews of the Cottage
Rated 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 11 customer reviews
Getting Your Keys
If the lockbox feels like it won’t open
Getting the Cinema Going
Our guide to getting the cinema up and running in the lounge
Super Fast & Free WiFi
With Fibre to the home we have some of the fastest internet speeds in Ireland. Last time I checked it was 465 mbps!
There’s plenty of parking at Davey John’s. Cottage guests can park right outside the door.
We have a King Size bed in the Attic room, Double bed on the ground floor. Both come with mattresses that are ‘Hotel Quality’. Fresh linen and towels are also provided.
The 32″ TV has terrestrial channels along with Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney Plus. The ceiling mounted projector offers an awesome cinema experience for movie nights in.
The Cottage has a washer dryer and a portable clothes line if required.
As Dog lovers ourselves, pets are very welcome in the Cabin. We have a dog bed available and a cage if you need to pop out on your own.
iI you need somewhere to work there’s a dedicated work station in the downstairs bedroom.. You’ll have access to plenty of power sockets and the internet over a TP link.
Cycling, Golf and Water Sports
We have plenty of bike storage on site along with a set of Golf clubs and a Kayak if you’re feeling adventurous.
We’e spoiled with two excellent riding schools within a 10 minute drive of Davey John’s. Carrigart Riding School and Ashfield Riding School are both great!
- Check In: After 15:00
- Check Out: 10:00
- No smoking inside please
- No large parties or events
- Pets should not be left alone in the cottage
Full refund for cancellations up to 30 days before check-in. If booked fewer than 30 days before check-in, full refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of booking and at least 14 days before check-in. After that, 50% refund up to 7 days before check-in. No refund after that.